Sunday, January 15, 2012

Progress

Well 2012 started off with a bang. I however was asleep, I'd had such an exhausting day at work the day before that I couldn't even keep my eye's open to ring in the new year. But for the first time in my life I was ok with that. No one special to ring it in with, and wasn't going to be kissing a random guy just so I could have that midnight kiss.
First week of 2012 started out ok. I didn't start any goals that week and it was my own fault, I was being lazy. But as of January 8th it was on like Donkey Kong. I've been able to stay on track and I'm so proud of myself. Kept on a regular workout schedule (5 times last week), kept a healthy diet as well.

I've been able to work on several of my other goals this week as well. Starting to get massage on a regular basis. I'll be trading with Tammy, a friend and fellow Massage Therapist. I've also been able to figure out what college game I want to attend and tailgate at hopefully. It will be the Florida Gators vs. South Carolina Gamecocks in Gainsville Florida on October 20th. One more goal that was recently added to my list was to attend a pro football game (which I've never been to either) I'm not sure of the date let but I will be attending the Denver Broncos', Carolina Panthers game next Season in Charlotte North Carolina. I can't wait!!

I've been fasting for God and with the Church as well. Some days have been easier than others. I gave up sweets for our 21 day fast. Not as easy as it sounds. One night I even dreamt about pie...I don't even like pie!(It was apple, lol) But on a good note, I've been studying the bible every single day, it's drawing me closer to God.

I've felt so drawn over the last 6 months to go on a mission trip, but didn't know where to start or where to go. Well, last Thursday night we had our "Satellite Service" for theWell and during part of the sermon Ernest was talking about "Being the Church" and in that he mentioned going on missions. There were three possible chances to go with theWell this year and it was in that moment God placed in my heart where I'll be serving my first ever mission's trip. It will be in Washington DC, our own capital. I'm so excited that he's calling me to go there, because if we can serve at the core of our country, in the capital city then hopefully that will bring change within our own countries walls. Maybe one day God will call me to serve somewhere outside of our borders, but until then I'll gladly serve in his name in our own country!

I'm so excited to continue along the godly, healthy path I've started on. Can't wait to see how many of my 2012 goals actually become accomplished. Stay tuned to find out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment