Sunday, January 8, 2012

Awakening 21 Day Fast

It's been on my mind, with the 21 day fast starting today, of things that I could take away from my life to be more close to God. First it was sugar, then it was sweets in general, this morning was kind of a slap in the face with being more conscious of my spending. Then it hit me, I just need to live more simply in my life in general.

I've put these "things" ahead of God. So my challange for myself over the next 21 days is to live a more simple life. Only spend what I need to (fuel for my car, food for nutrition). Eating to live and not the other way around. Getting back into a more consistant work out routine. I'm sure the first few days are going to be hard, but as with any routine/habit they are all hard to maintain in the begining. But the whole point of this fast and the "live more simply" aspect of life is to grow closer to God.

So I'm going to spend as much time as possible, reading, praying and learning about him and growing in my relationship with Him. I'm also going to be working on tracking what I eat, read, and pray about every day. Plus my feelings and emotions towards the whole experience. I'm expecting that God will show up during this time and give me the strength I need and the guidence I'm looking for. He's already done so much in my life especially in the last year.

It was one year ago today that I started the next chapter in my life in Charelston South Carolina. I can't wait to see what God has for my in store not only for the next 21 days, or year. But for the rest of my life. I feel so blessed.

Happy fasting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment