Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's been a while....

So what better way to start off a new blog with another candle added onto the cake? Well I'm not quite there yet. I'll be 27 in 15 days. But so much has gone on recently that I didn't feel like I should another two weeks to write it all down, especially with it being the last six weeks of the year, and officially three day's before Thanksgiving there is going to be WAY too much stuff going on to add in. Where so start off?

Well I've been in Charleston SC for 10 months now. So much has gone on, from work, to my faith, my kitchen and my relationships, not just romantically but friendships as well. Went out to Indiana in January with my best friend in the entire world, to help her get settled into her new career and life. Upon the trip out there I was offered a job in Charleston, which I took immediately and headed there, instead of back to Denver, to begin the next chapter in my life. My brother Jeff, his wife Ashley, and their son Talen (My nephew) were gracious enough to allow me to stay with them, for about 6 weeks, while I got on my feet and out on my own. Moved down to James Island and have been living in a town house with some pretty easy going girls, who I'd never met before moving in. Well this upcoming January I'll actually be moving to a different part of town with my friend Nikki (more about her later).

Well work has been amazing, I can't believe how much I've learned and accomplished in the short 10 months that I've been here. Center for Therapeutic Massage is the company I moved to Charleston to work with. I was very excited because not only is it no where close to having a spa reputation, but I was also given the opportunity to work with some major athletes in the Woman's Tennis circuit. I've been able to work with other athletes on much smaller scale and then I've been able to grow myself in working independently to help people with anything from every day aches and pains to chronic issues.  I absolutely love what I do to the point that I don't ever feel like I'm actually working which is an amazing thing! Well with the economy not being so great I found myself struggling financially so I decided to look for more work to supplement my income. In July I was offered a management position in a local chiropractors office, where I would be in charge of medical billing and booking patients. this was a saving grace. I've been there almost 4 months now and I love the people I work with and interact with on a regular basis. This kept me a little busier. But being the ambitious woman that I've become decided that I still needed to branch out. Center for Therapeutic Massage is becoming very slow and I don't necessarily think it's the best fit for my anymore. I'm very grateful for all of the opportunities it's given me and it is the reason I was able to come to Charleston in the first place. But again recently I've been on the job hunt. I was offered a position with a different massage company. One which might just down the alley that I'm looking for. Still working for myself but with a lot more marketing and exposure with the company. It's an opportunity I'm excited to take and I hope that I can can succeed in making a name for myself in Charleston.





I've always loved to cook and experiment with food, but ever since moving to Charleston that love has become even more. I've made things like Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie Cheesecake, Chocolate Cheesecake with Peanut Butter Frosting , and Chocolate Covered Banana's on top, Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. Well....I guess that's really more a love for baking. I'm trying to make things as healthy as possible, which i know when it comes to desserts isn't always easy, but I enjoy trying :o) I've got a few more recipes on the horizon, for the upcoming holiday's and my birthday. So we'll see how those turn out as well...













Well been in Charleston ten months now. I was single when I got here and I'm still single. Not for lack of trying. I've dated some, but nothing ever seems to be right. Everything ended with the last guy I dated about two weeks ago. All I can say is even though that door closed, I'm glad I found out what I did when I did before things got even more serious. So I decided I'm going to take a break for a while. No more dating, not until I'm a lot more secure in where I am in my life.  I've realized lately with everything that's been going on that the things that we manufacture a lot of things in our lives, especially dating relatiohships. and those manufactured things in our lives are not intended to work out because they are not sent to us from God. So in that case I'm giving it up to Him. When he deems I'm ready that's when I know he'll send the most amazing, wonderful, loving honest man to me. But until that time it's about focusing on God and me. I heard recently that we should treat our dating lives as seriously as we treat marriage. Well in that case I think my future husband (whomever he may be) will be proud of the fact that I took a stand and decided to wait for him.

On that note. I was able to find an amazing church and church family. I've found my relationship with God and I've realized that I'm not the one that made all the good things in my life happen. They only were able to happen because of the grace and mercy of God. He has given me so many great things in my life and has blessed me with so many wonderful people. I finally feel like I have a home and that I'm somewhere I'm able to flourish and grow. I have an amazing group of girls that I don't just call friends, but they are my sisters in Christ. The family that God didn't give us. We spend almost every Monday evening together studying the bible and catching up on what's been going on over the last week. We also are that support system for each other that everyone needs in their lives. I love my girls and I know they are a HUGE reason I'm still in Charleston today. Even though some girls come and some girls go, ever single one of them has stepped into my heart and will forever hold a piece of it.

Things may not always be perfect in my life, because God knows I'm far from perfect. But I finally realize that everything that is happening to me has a rhyme and reason and in the grand scheme of things what I might have to go through will only make me a person I can't wait to be. Only time will tell, but I imagine that since I've been working very hard on putting God first in my life, he will start making sure that everything else falls into place. It's not easy to give up that control, because we all feel as though we know what's best for us. But ya know, most of the time we don't. I am finally able to let go. Give God the things that I can't handle on my own because he will give me those things so I can lean on him for support and understanding. I can't wait to see what comes next and how God is going to bless me because of my thanks, and praise to him!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment